Because our community hospital matters.
Sechelt Hospital Foundation is a registered, charitable society with a voluntary board of directors elected from throughout the Sunshine Coast, and three ex-officio members: Chief Medical Officer, VCH Acute Care Coordinator, and a representative of the Sunshine Coast Healthcare Auxiliary.
Individuals, businesses and community donors make contributions through the Foundation to underwrite physical and equipment costs and special projects for Sechelt Hospital in Sechelt, BC.
Thanks to your generosity in helping to build hospital capacity, more Sunshine Coast individuals and families are able to receive complete hospital-related services at home.
The Foundation does not fund on-going hospital operating costs, nor does it become involved in hospital operation issues.
We will ensure that Sechelt Hospital continues to exist as a cornerstone of comprehensive and quality health care services on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia.
To sustain and enhance the scope and excellence of the health services provided by Sechelt Hospital in Sechelt, British Columbia, through community fundraising for physical and equipment capital costs, and special projects.
- Full engagement with our communities, local businesses and community organizations.
- Full engagement with Vancouver Coastal Health, Sunshine Coast Regional Hospital District and local Municipal Councils.
- Transparency and accountability in all Foundation business.
- Professional stewardship of donated funds.
- Consistent and respectful fundraising practices.
Next Page: Message from the Chair