Key Accountabilities of Development Coordinator – Planned Giving
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Development Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the prospect activities of developing and maintaining the Planned Giving program; ensuring that prospects are cultivated in a timely and appropriate manner.
The Development Coordinator must have the ability to work collaboratively and interact effectively with Foundation Staff, Board Members and prospects. The Development Coordinator provides project management and administrative support to the Executive Director and the Fund Development and Stewardship Committee. Areas of responsibility include: prospect management, donor event coordination, donor relations, estate and trust distribution management, record and database management including research and analysis for the Executive Director and Directors. He/she performs organization of complex, confidential and sensitive issues of a broad scope related to donor relations, major fundraising, and public relations which supports the professional objectives and activities of Sechelt Hospital Foundation.
- Works with Executive Director to develop planned giving as a critical component of SHF’s Fund Development Plan
- Coordinates information sessions with Allied Professionals to share SHF progress and Legacy Circle initiatives
- Supports Grateful Patient, Employee Giving initiatives and special fund raising events
- Researches, develops and implements plans for securing major gifts and deferred gifts from donors through estate planning and other types of gifts
Donor Data Entry and Maintenance
- Assists with maintaining donor database and gift acknowledgment process
- Updates donor contact information to ensure current records are up-to-date
- Explores capabilities of donor management system and prospect research tools
- Ensures all donor communications are recorded in database and weekly status report.
Donor Relations/Communications and Research
- Conducts donor research and analysis to assist with fundraising communications
- Produces well-designed and accurate reports, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets, and memos for use by SHF Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Facilitates effective prioritizing of donor correspondence, determination of appropriate action, and timely follow up as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison with Allied Professionals to assist with planned giving inquiries and coordination activities
- Responds to donor inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner
- Provides support in the creation and distribution of donor communications (electronic and print) and appeals
- Maintains donor confidentially and ensures compliance with related policies
- Serves as an ambassador of the Sechelt Hospital Foundation and maintains the highest standard of professionalism in all interactions.
- Demonstrates good judgment and initiative in dealing with Board, Hospital staff, members, donors, volunteers, the public and VCH leadership.
- Ensures compliance to all Privacy policies, procedures and regulations.
- Facilitates effective prioritizing of correspondence, determination of action, and timely follow up as appropriate.
- Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with federal and provincial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Works in a collaborative and supportive role on fund raising initiatives and Foundation events.
Project coordination, experience in sales, marketing and administration.
The required skills include the ability to work independently, research and analysis, goal-setting, communication and relationship management skills.
Relationship management background with five (5+) years experience supporting leadership in a non-profit or health care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software skills and the ability to type minimum of 60 w.p.m. Requires excellent proficiency in pc computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite, E-Tapestry database program or comparable CRM systems, social media and digital communications.